- Initiation: Into any group, organization, cult, etc. there are certain rites and rituals of initiation, in which the seeker or aspirant must partake in, in order to join. These might include vows of secrecy, a ceremonial "rebirth" of some kind into the group, and an oath of loyalty to the group.
- Magical: Magical rituals may be practiced with a group, or by oneself. Normally, magickal rituals require special ritual tools and an understanding of the nature of correspondence.
- Worship: Rituals of worship include prayer, the consecration of food and drink towards a deity, invoking the name of a deity
- Celebration: Rituals of celebration are much like rituals of worship, except that they usually fall on a specific reoccuring day of the year, much like Yule or Halloween.
- Protection: A protection ritual, like the Lesser Banishing Ritual of the Pentagram, is aimed at directing divine energy for protection of the ritualist.
- Healing: A healing ritual is often performed in private, with one person acting as the healer of another.
- Transformation: This type is considered a ritual to transform the self.
- Storytelling: Also called a Bardic, this ritual involves the telling of stories, through narrative or through song.
- Fire Ritual: A ritual that involves the Element of Fire, whether as a bonfire, a candle, or some other method.
- Funeral: A funeral ritual involves the sending of the dead to the next world. (Not to be confused with necromancy, which is just the opposite.)
This article is a stub. You can help the Miriadic Wiki by expanding it.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.