Poetic terrorism is mentioned by Hakim Bey in his book T.A.Z., which is about temporary autonomous zones. It is not a form of literal  terrorism, but is more an act of spontaneous change in someone's life.
Facts About Poetic TerrorismEdit
- The audience reaction or aesthetic-shock produced by PT ought to be at least as strong as the emotion of terror-- powerful disgust, sexual arousal, superstitious awe, sudden intuitive breakthrough, dada-esque angst--no matter whether the PT is aimed at one person or many, no matter whether it is "signed" or anonymous, if it does not change someone's life (aside from the artist) it fails.
- PT is an act in a Theater of Cruelty which has no stage, no rows of seats, no tickets & no walls.
- The PTerrorist behaves like a confidence-trickster whose aim is not money but CHANGE.
- Dress up. Leave a false name. Be legendary. The best PT is against the law, but don't get caught. Art as crime; crime as art.
- ↑ ha!ha! Well, it is in a sense literal, but we mean terrorism of the violent sort, you know, like the violence used by the state in acts of fake terrorism
- Poetic Terrorism at hermetic.com
This article is a stub. You can help the Miriadic Wiki by expanding it.